How to Cook Chicken Biryani in Homemade Style?
Everyone loves chicken biryani, and that’s why here is the delicious tasty chicken biryani recipe for all die heart fan of biryani lovers. The desire of people for biryani is beyond the imagination. The cooking process in the dum style creates fragrance and test in rice flour, which makes every bite delicious.
Basically, it is a South Asian recipe which is originally from the Indian subcontinent. In India, we can see the different style of biryani like Hyderabadi Biryani, Kalyani Biryani, Awadhi Biryani, Kolkata Biryani etc. The meat (chicken or mutton), rice, the couple of spices, coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onions and yogurt, this are the main ingredients and apart from that, there are few ingredients which are variable.
Two ways to cook chicken biryani
Kacchi Biryani: In Kacchi Biryani, the chef put the marinated meat to bottom of biryani handi (pot). The rice is half cooked in other pot, put them over the meat keep changing with layers of coriander, fried onions, saffron, and mint leaves.
Pakki Biryani: It is quite different from kacchi biryani. The chef cooks the marinated meat separately. After that, the cooked meat layered with rice, fried onions and add coriander and mint leaves later.
I usually preferred the kacchi biryani process for a better test.
Now I am going to tell you how to cook chicken biryani in homemade style for 3 people. Let’s follow me.
- 40g ghee
- 200g of onion
- 500g of chicken
- 4-5cloves chopped garlic
- 1teaspoons of chopped ginger
- 7g ground coriander
- 7g ground cumin
- 5g chili powder
- 8g ground turmeric
- 12green cardamom pods
- 6pieces cloves
- 2-3pieces bay leaves
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200g plain yogurt
- 1teaspoon 5g of salt
- 2teaspoons 12ml of lime juice
- 3-4green chili
- 1small bunch of coriander leaf
- 1small bunch of mint leaf
- 300g basmati rice
- 2liters of boiling water
- 25g of salt
- 2saffron optional
- 20ml ghee
- 25-30g cashew nuts roasted
- Fried onions, coriander, and mint leaves
- Tomato and cucumber slices
- Cut the chicken into large chunks.
- Cut the onion into slices. Deep fried in oil over low to medium heat until the onion turns golden brown color.
- Mix half of the coriander, fried onion, and mint leaves, chopped ginger & garlic, chili powder, turmeric, salt other spices for marination.
- Keep the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
- After that soak the basmati rice in the water near about 30-45 minutes. Drained the water.
- Bring fresh water to a big pot and add some salt.
- Add the basmati rice into the pot.
- Cook in a medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove the rice when the rice.
- Drained all water.
- Place the marinated chicken in bottom of large pot.
- Spread half of the rice on marinated chicken.
- Spread remaining fried onions, coriander and mint leave on the rice.
- Add the remaining rice on the fried onion, coriander, and mint leaves.
- Add deshi ghee.
- Put the lid and seal with bread dough.
- Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a tawa under the pot and cook the rice over very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Then open the lid.
- Remove the bread dough.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, mint leaves, fried onions and a small amount of ghee.
Now the chicken biryani is ready to serve. Please try it at your home for family and please reply me in the comment section. Thank you.
How to Cook Chicken Biryani in Homemade Style by Jay Banerjee.